At MKOC, you will be provided with a shower and a warm and safe place to sleep. Dinner is only provided on Tuesday evenings. Monday and/or Wednesday nights, we suggest you eat dinner at Our Daily Bread (300 W. Oak St. #100 Denton, TX 76201) or The Salvation Army (1508 E McKinney St, Denton, TX 76209) prior to heading over to MKOC.
Nights we are open due to inclement weather such as severe storms or extreme temperatures, our doors open at 6:30pm.
In order to ensure a safe and positive environment, the following rules and policies are in place:
BE RESPECTFUL TO EACH OTHER, THE VOLUNTEERS AND STAFF, AND THE PROPERTY
- Keep your personal property safe; Leave other’s property alone; theft will not be tolerated.
- Maintain a comfortable environ No fighting, disruptive behavior, or foul language.
- Maintain a safe environment. No weapons of any sort.
- Maintain a clean environment. No drugs, alcohol, pornography, allowed on or around premises.
- Tobacco use must be outdoors and in designated areas only. Cigarette butts must be extinguished in appropriate receptacles.
- NO in and out privileges; once a patron leaves the premises they cannot return until the next night. This includes hanging out in undesignated areas.
- No destruction of property or items on property.
- Cell phones must be turned off or on silent at lights out.
- No inappropriate dress or attire.
- Please clean up after yourselves. Be good stewards of our building.
- Perform all assigned chores.
MKOC commits to creating an empowering environment where every homeless individual feels safe and respected. MKOC takes discrimination of LGBTQ people seriously and we define that as treating someone badly, or with disrespect, because of who they are, how they look, or who they love. We will not tolerate disrespect toward any client based on their sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We ask that you read and sign this policy.
- I understand that MKOC welcomes and serves all homeless individuals who access services, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning people.
- I understand that LGBTQ identified individuals will receive fair and equal treatment.
- I understand that MKOC values diversity and respects everyone’s culture and differences, and that I am expected to respect them as well.
- I understand that comments and actions that put down, harass, stereotype, discriminate against or otherwise demean a person because of their racial, cultural, religious background, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (or expression), religion, national origin, age or disability will not be accepted.